Do you own a restaurant or tavern in Linden, Union County, New Jersey? Are you in the process of obtaining your liquor license, or renewing or selling your liquor license?  The Alcohol Beverage Control Law provides that each municipality exerts its own control over its municipal liquor licenses. This includes the issuance, renewal, transfer and suspension of an establishment's liquor license.

The Alcohol Beverage Control Board (A.B.C.) is the issuing authority in the State of New Jersey.

There are over 20 municipalities, all with populations over 15,000, that have their own local A.B.C. board that has all the powers, duties, and obligations that the governing body of the municipality would ordinarily exercise relative to the issuance, transfer, enforcement and discipline of retail licenses within the municipality. (N.J.S.A. 33:1-5 and 33:1-24)

If your business has been charged with any violation of the Alcohol Beverage Control Law such as:

  • Serving to minors
  • Serving intoxicated patrons
  • Not having the proper security
  • Or numerous other violations

Do NOT go in front of the ABC board alone.  Your business is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and you don’t want to jeopardize your future and have your license suspended or forfeited.

Mr. Mehta currently sits as the Alcohol Beverage Control board attorney for a local municipality and can assist you in defending any alleged violations and help you prepare any paperwork you may need to apply and renew your liquor license to keep your business a success.